Terms & Conditions for Buyers and Members
Join the UTZ Market, browse and purchase artisanally crafted products that celebrate culture, innovation, and quality while creating a positive impact in the world that you can stand by.
Through collaborative partnerships we connect local Guatemalan brands, artisans and small producers with customers around the world through our online marketplace.
When you join UTZ you become part of a community of change-makers with access to our online marketplace.
Before joining or buying on the UTZ Market
Familiarize yourself with our Buyers and Members Agreement. All account activity and purchases on the UTZ Market must be in accordance with all of our Terms & Conditions, Policies, and all applicable laws & regulations. Before joining the UTZ Market, make sure that you understand all your responsibilities as a member.
Buyers & UTZ Market Members
General Guidelines & Requirements
- Be Respectful - Express yourself, but keep it clean and don’t be mean. Choose an appropriate user name, one that is not offensive or vulgar. Do not copy or steal what is not yours, and use appropriate language and imagery.
- Be Honest - false information, impersonation of another person/company, and identity theft are not acceptable.
- Be Accountable - You are responsible for your activity on The UTZ Market. If you choose to share your account login information you will be the person ultimately responsible for all activity on your account.
- Be Sensible - Create a secure password and keep it protected, remember you alone are responsible for all activity on your account.
Agreement: Terms & Conditions
Before we begin there are a few requirements that you must meet.
- You must be of at least 18 years of age or under the supervision of a parent or legal guardian.
- All information that you provide must be accurate & honest - falsification of information and impersonation of people or enterprises is strictly forbidden.
- You and only you are responsible for your account. Protect your password, and if you choose to share it with someone else, you do so at your risk because in the end you are responsible for all activities that take place in your account.
- If you are opening an account on behalf of a business entity, you are guaranteeing that you have the authority to agree to our Terms & Conditions on behalf of the business.
Becoming a The Utz Marketplace Member & Creating an Account
The UTZ Marketplace connects its users with a global market of artisanally made goods, products, services, and activities. To become a member of the UTZ Marketplace you are required to register for an account. By creating an account you are agreeing to provide honest and current information about yourself in all registration, checkout, and payment forms used on the site.
If for any reason the UTZ Marketplace needs to be in contact with you we will reach out via email with the email address you provide in your account. It is your responsibility to provide us with accurate email information and check your email regularly. If we cannot reach you by email the UTZ Market will attempt to contact you by phone with the number you listed in your account. the UTZ Market, our employees, and directors are not liable for any problems as a result of this method of communication.
Purchasing, Payments & Fees:
- All orders made on the UTZ Market are subject to our acceptance. It is within our right to accept, deny, or cancel any order whether or not the order has been confirmed for any or no reason.
- If the UTZ Market cancels an order that has already been charged to your credit card not due to your violation of these Terms & Conditions we will issue you a refund.
- All orders will be fulfilled from Guatemala and the buyer is responsible for paying all applicable taxes and fees.
- We reserve the right to cancel or not process any order placed on the UTZ Market if the price was listed incorrectly for any reason. In this circumstance we will notify you by email and correct the price on the UTZ Market.
Product Descriptions & Listings:
- The Utz Market does not manufacture nor produce any of the products listed by brands on the UTZ Market.
- We strive to provide accurate product & service descriptions on the UTZ Market, however we do not guarantee that all description are fully accurate, complete, current, or free of errors.
- The UTZ Market cannot guarantee that the colors in product listings match exactly the actual product. As the majority of the products on the UTZ Market are handmade in small batches from from a variety of materials including leather, textiles, and natural fibers there may be slight variations in color, sizing, and design from the product that arrives and the products featured in the images of listings. Please take this into consideration when ordering.
- Each brand is responsible for providing their own sizing information, please review each brand's custom sizing chart before placing your order. It is your responsibility to order the correct size based on the sizing chart, exchanges or returns from improper size ordering may result in additional fees.
- Returns or exchanges because the size ordered does not match the sizing chart of the brand will be follow our Exchange & Returns Policy.
- The UTZ Market cannot guarantee that all items listed as “in-stock” will ship immediately.
- It may occur that an item has been listed as “in-stock” however because the UTZ Market does not manage inventory for all of the brands listed on our site the product may not be currently available. In this case the UTZ Market will notify you via email.
Communication & Notifications
- The UTZ Market may use e-mail, phone, and other methods for communication with all of our registered accounts to request or disseminate information.
- By creating an account with the UTZ Market you are consenting to the receipt of any such type of communication.
- You may unsubscribe from certain types of communication but the UTZ Market reserves the right to maintain the use of email and phone communication for some essential, administrative communications.
- User content on the UTZ Market is not pre-screened.
- The Utz Market cannot guarantee that the UTZ Market Site will be free from content that is offensive, deceptive, inaccurate, or otherwise objectionable.
- The UTZ Market reserves the right to monitor, edit, or delete any content posted by any user on the UTZ Market.
- The UTZ Market reserves the right to use any content that is posted on the UTZ Market Site for any reason, at any time. As a content creator on the UTZ Market you are granting the UTZ Market a perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, royalty-free, transferable, non-exclusive license to use this content as we chose without any additional consideration due to you as the content creator.
- Do not submit content that is illegal, offensive, libelous, infringing, malicious, harassing, threatening, vulgar, or infringes on anyone’s intellectual property rights.
- Termination by you, the member. You can terminate your account anytime you like for any reason. You will still be held accountable to pay any outstanding invoices.
- Termination by us, the UTZ Market reserves the right to terminate any account, any time, for any reason without the need of advance notice. Any information that you have stored in your account may be lost when your account is terminated - we recommend to backup all of your information.
- Discontinuation of Services - the UTZ Market reserves the right to suspend, change, or discontinue any of the services we offer at any time, for any reason. the UTZ Market will not be liable to you for the effect of any of the changes to services, or the impact those changes may have on you including your ability to sell, generate revenue, or loss of income through services.
- The UTZ Market is not responsible for product defects.
- The UTZ Market is not responsible for any additional fees that you incur by ordering from the UTZ Market or fees for delivery or your order.
Terms of Buyer Agreement:
- From the moment you register with the UTZ Market you will be held accountable to our terms of service, policies, and agreements. Some of these terms of service and agreement will end with the termination of your relationships with the UTZ Market. Some of these terms of service and agreements will last for all time.
These terms and conditions are subject to change at anytime with or without notification.You agree to use the UTZ Market in a manner consistent with all laws and regulations and in accordance to the UTZ Market Terms & Conditions.